Intern-Clifton Strengths Coach
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.NELNET INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS/CANDIDATES: Nelnet’s Corporate Training and Organizational Development team is dedicated to ensuring new associates’ onboarding experience is enriching and exciting. This is accomplished by welcoming associates through a first day experience called nGage: The Nelnet Experience. We focus on learning and development for all associates enterprise wide with a concentration on leadership development, all through Nelnet University. As a Clifton Strengths Coaching Intern, you will be quickly immersed into a professional coaching environment. You will have the ability to observe strengths coaching sessions, lead co-coaching sessions, and eventually run your own individual sessions. You will leverage StrengthsFinder knowledge to assist in creating and designing a Strengths-Based Selling curriculum. You will be empowered to practically apply your learned theory into a real-world setting.
Candidates-pay for this position is $14-$18 per hour
- Provide internal coaching for StrengthsFinder assessment participants
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible
- Assist current StrengthsFinder coaches and achieving timely coaching sessions and schedules
- Build a trusting and safe environment for all coachees
- Leverage StrengthsFinder knowledge to assist in creating and designing a Strengths Based Selling curriculum
- Additional project support as needed
• Junior or Senior standing
• Certified Student Strengths Coach(preferred)
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of computers: preferably Microsoft packages and familiarity with Internet including ability to use search engines. Minimum of 40 coaching hours.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES: - Flexible mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Situational adaptability: adaptive approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Instill trust: gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Customer focus: building strong customer relationships
- Collaboration: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Business insight: applying knowledge of StrengthsFinder in the marketplace to advance the organizations goals
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.