Residential Project Manager - Nelnet Renewable Energy (Loveland, CO)
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.With our rapid growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven person to join our installation team to ensure proper procedure and excellent internal operations. The Residential Project Manager will efficiently coordinate solar installations from the sales handoff to utility completion and beyond. The ideal candidate is someone with a construction background (electrical, solar installation, or HVAC), can efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously, and has strong customer service skills. The candidate must also show a strong sense of teamwork, as our company relies on working together to accomplish goals.
***This position will be on site in our Loveland, CO Branch ***
• Oversee all projects, from the sales handoff to completion, by working with local municipalities, HOA’s and utilities
• Coordinate and review the digital design of a solar PV system
• Maintain project documentation
• Communicate with company leadership on the status of projects
• Follow company standard operating procedures, rules, and OSHA safety requirements
• Enforce the values of the company on each job site and ensure accuracy and professionalism is maintained
• Work with Sales Team members and customers to secure a project timeline
• Work with the Engineering Team to ensure production of accurate system designs and permitting/utility documentation
• Manage status checks and achieve necessary milestones required for the projects in your pipeline
• Manage relationships with customers and vendors as necessary
• Stay up to date on industry trends and new technology
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2-3 years of solar project management or construction management experience (solar strongly preferred)
• 2-3 years of permitting experience (preferred)
• 1-3 years of solar installation experience (preferred)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Proven success in managing a team of at least three to complete tasks efficiently
• Proven demonstration of navigating fast-paced positions with the ability to adapt quickly to change
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
• A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
• Professional appearance
Salary range for this position is $65,000-$80,000 annually depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.