Intern - Pathway (Sales)
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.If you’re looking for an unparalleled experience to make an impact on your future career, we’d love to hear from you. Through our Pathway Program, interns have the opportunity to expand their network, get real world experience within a business field, and build upon your passions – some of which you’ll discover along the way.
Throughout several department rotations during the academic year, you will commit to working on diverse teams and receiving mentorship from our company’s top contributors. You will become part of a unique cohort designed to support, challenge, and engage you through business-case presentations, networking opportunities, and intern events.
Sales – We’re all selling something, now give us your best pitch. Interns in this track support Nelnet’s various sales groups across the organization. You can expect to interact with seasoned professionals who will help you in developing your B2B sales acumen, and partner on projects that impact our companies future growth. Your tasks can include Salesforce administration, market validation/research, competitor analysis, and much more. Available departments to rotate through include:
• Nelnet Business Services (NBS) FACTS
• Nelnet Business Services (NBS) Facts Ed
• Nelnet Campus Commerce (NCC)
• Nelnet Community Engagement (NCE) - CD2 Learning
• Nelnet Diversified Services (NDS)
This program is available for undergrad students in the U.S. for the entire duration of the academic year, and will be conducted hybrid. For those that are located near a Nelnet regional office with a team presence at it, we will help to coordinate in-person work following local health guidelines and procedures at that time.
You will receive:
Computer Equipment: Laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, for the duration of your internship
Day-to-day support from direct mentor(s), campus recruiting, and Nelnet support functions regarding any questions you might have.
The most comfortable Nelnet t-shirts along with other swag items to help you feel at home.
Pathway Interns will work directly as a functioning member of multiple teams within Nelnet. Interns will rotate through a variety of business departments across the enterprise, adding value to projects already in place or creating new ones to own yourself. In addition, they will collaborate with other Pathway interns to complete multiple projects based on real business problems Nelnet faces today. Through this program, we have scheduled events, programming, networking, and mentorship opportunities that interns will be expected to participate in.
Working towards a degree in Sales, Marketing, Communication, Finance, Business Administration or other business-related major
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM-related technology.
• Communicate through different channels to internal and external stakeholders one-on-one, large presentations, virtually, and in-person (depending on your location).
• Has the necessary network infrastructure to work virtually if needed.
• Can effectively problem solve independently.
• Is self-motivated, accountable, and driven to maximize opportunities presented in the internship.
• Possesses exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Is comfortable with some degree of ambiguity and able to adapt to multiple rotations throughout the academic year.
• Willing to share new ideas (with interns and full-time associates), while recognizing feedback as an opportunity for professional growth
• Ideally, will be a sophomore or junior in college during the internship term, though all students will be considered.
• Understands how to manage time between school and work responsibilities.
• Must be able to work at least 15-20 hours/week consistently.
Pay - $14 - $18
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.