Commercial Lead Installer- Nelnet Renewable Energy (Albany, NY)
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.With our rapid growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven person to join our commercial installation team. The ideal candidate for this position has experience in the commercial solar, construction, or electrical industries. We are looking for someone who has experience using a variety of hand/power tools, has a high attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
**This position will be based out of our Albany, NY office**
● Report directly to Commercial Superintendent on a regular basis
● Review plan design and install all components of the solar system
● Use of smartsheets to report and identify outstanding tasks assigned by Superintendent
● Assist electricians in conduit runs, wire pulls, for AC/DC system
● Lead crew for mounting of racking and electrical equipment
● Maintain inventory for each installation, report BOL for accepted deliveries
● The ability to work in a team environment as crews typically work in numbers of 2-10
● Maintain a clean worksite
● Follow company and OSHA safety procedures
● Operate in a professional manner on each job site
● Miscellaneous errands included but not limited to: vehicle maintenance, warehouse
organization, office upgrades, etc.
● Additional duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
● 1-3 years of commercial solar installation experience (Required)
● 1-3 years of managing solar installation teams (strongly preferred)
● 1-3 years of construction experience (strongly preferred)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
● Comfortable working on rooftops of any heights/pitch
● Ability to lift, pull, and push materials to complete assigned job task
● Strong understanding of commercial regulations; solar regulations a bonus
● Familiar with NEC code and industry standards for solar installation
● Ability to meet hard and fast deadlines
● Strong teamwork skills
● Strong attention to detail
● A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
● Professional appearance
Pay range for this role is $30.00-$40.00 an hour, depending on experience
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.