K12 Account Manager - Financial
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.The Account Manager I is an integral part of a team and is primarily responsible for effectively servicing institutions using K12 NBS products/services. The Account Manager is the main point of contact for an institution utilizing SIS, actively managed payment plans, Grant & Aid, and/or other billing services. This position is responsible for over-all management of client accounts, retention of business, and increased utilization of products/services.
Pay for this role is: $45,000
1. Build and maintain relationships with institution contacts by maintaining a high level of availability and proactively reaching out to institutions.
2. Provide direction and guidance to new and existing institution contacts regarding all NBS products and services.
3. Provide training on products, processes and procedures to institutions.
4. Provide excellent customer service and perform multiple tasks on a daily basis via the telephone, chat interface, fax, email or formal written correspondence.
5. Answer high volume of phone calls and/or chats from all regions of the country.
6. Set up and maintain institution profile information, terms, and corresponding marketing site.
7. Encourage increased use of various NBS products and technical services; trouble-shoot problems and offer solutions.
8. Establish open lines of communication with sales team and other internal contacts regarding updates of existing institutions as well as new institution leads.
9. Provide reporting of activities to team leader.
10. Participate in special projects or committees and other related duties as assigned by team leader.
College graduate in related field or equivalent experience.
Experience in banking, student loan, or customer service industry is preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with customers in a professional manner. Ability to work as a team player and establish good rapport with co-workers. Detail oriented with excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and complete projects under high pressure deadlines and stressful situations. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. General knowledge of NBS products, as well as other areas and products within the company. General computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, internet, and CRM system.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.