Database Administrator - NBS (Oracle)
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.Summary
The Database Administrator is responsible monitoring, maintaining, reporting and upgrading the Enterprise Oracle environment. This position works closely with the Database Administrator II and technical teams.
Looking for experience with:
Provide Adhoc request from developer and sales team
Worked with Jira
- Installs, configures and upgrades database server software and related products.
- Implements and maintains database security in areas of creating and maintaining user roles and assigning privileges.
- Participates in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business database needs.
- Analyzes and translates business requirements into technical requirements for development and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
- Adheres to best practices and standards in the areas of technology and security. - Provides post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
- Keeps abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develops an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
Pay Range for this position is - $75,000 - $95,000
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification, with focus on Oracle Database technologies.
- 3+ years of experience working as a DBA.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of latest versions of database servers.
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle, with exposure to Agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Familiar with database server clustered environment.
- Database performance tuning and index maintenance.
- Supports the team on-call rotation.
- Strong analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills when interacting with technical and non-technical clients.
- Strong documentation and time management skills.
- Ability to comfortably work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong bias toward action, delivery and implementation.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.