NDS Atlassian Confluence & Jira Developer
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Nelnet Diversified Solutions, NDS, takes an Agile-minded approach to a traditional Project Management Office (PMO). The Program Administrator role oversees the administration needs of projects and programs to support overall governance and effective performance management. They are responsible for supporting a common set of best practices, lightweight standards, processes, and templates for project, program, and portfolio tracking. The Program Administrator provides daily ongoing configuration, support, administration, maintenance and technical solutions to the toolset used within the PMO to house and manage processes and metrics.
If you are passionate about helping NDS IT evolve this is the position for you.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
- Administration, training, and technical support for users with varying levels of knowledge of Program Office tools, e.g. Confluence, Jira, TFS, MS Teams, and SharePoint.
- Customization of Jira and confluence using script runner and Groovy
- Troubleshooting common Crowd, Confluence and Jira issues and provide timely solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand existing IT processes, workflows, and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor established processes through analysis of performance metrics.
- Document, measure and improve system/software lifecycles to meet business objectives across a variety of programs.
- Interpret contractual/regulatory documentation (e.g. NIST, FSA Contract, RFPs etc.) to identify gaps in our lifecycles, policies and procedures. Work with stakeholders to fill gaps as needed.
- Perform value stream mapping exercises for all processes owned within NDS IT for the purpose of streamlining and eliminating waste.
- Provide training and guidance to IT staff on proper process execution, ensuring a clear understanding of expectations.
- Collaborate with the IT team to implement changes and improvements to processes and drive their successful adoption.
- Present process improvements to leadership through clear and concise reports, presentations, and visualizations.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes to continuously enhance our process adherence strategies.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree and/or commensurate experience.
- Experience developing scripts using ScriptRunner
- Expertise developing using Groovy
- Expertise developing scripts using PowerShell
- Experience developing using C#
- Experience administering Confluence and Jira
- Experience working across multiple functional areas to achieve a common business purpose.
- Experience in working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle with exposure to Agile or other iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Ability to design and implement workflows, dashboards, Kanban and/or Scrum Boards
- CMMI knowledge is a plus
- Certifications such as ITIL, Six Sigma, or equivalent are a plus.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance is a plus.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to new requirements, situations, programs, and services.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in ownership.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Strong consensus building, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Pay range for this role is $70,000-$100,000 annually, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.