Project Finance Analyst
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Nelnet is a corporate taxpayer with a strong appetite and investment capacity for various tax credits, especially renewable energy tax credits. As this portfolio has grown and Nelnet has begun offering the investment credit opportunity to third parties, the business requires an individual to assist with investment management and portfolio administration. Each investment has unique characteristics and intricacies in terms of value maximization and risk mitigation.
This position will be integral in ensuring the investment performs as projected, we maintain strong working relationships with our development partners and provide best-in-class service to our co-investors, while managing compliance with federal income tax regulations. In addition, other responsibilities include participation in diligence prior to investment, financial modeling, internal and external reporting, and interaction with investors and sponsors.
1. Participate in the due diligence phase of an investment prior to close to manage risks, maximize profitability, and establish the mechanics for managing the investment post-close.
2. Monitor and analyze overall performance of funding, operations, compliance requirements, and return thresholds associated with tax credit investments.
3. Interact with project sponsors and project financiers on issues, disclosures, and delays.
4. Correspond with internal accounting and syndication teams on project deliverable timelines and asset performance.
5. Coordinate with co-investors throughout the due diligence phase to facilitate smooth and timely funding’s.
6. Report pertinent accounting, tax, and performance information to Nelnet as an investor, in addition to other third-party investors.
**Pay Range for this position is--$47k- $60k
Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
1-2 years of experience in project finance, underwriting, or asset management preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Consistent, High Quality Results: Establishes credibility and finance leadership by producing timely, accurate and insightful results, consistently. Earns the respect of others through effective interaction with all teams.
2. Extensive Microsoft Excel experience. Ability to organize large amounts of data.
3. Efficiency/Accountability: Allocates time efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities, continually seeks ways to improve individual and team productivity. Highly accountable and able to manage multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Effective follow through skills.
4. Energy, Drive, and Motivation: Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then executes relentlessly. Willingness to expand role and find ways to support members of the accounting, legal, and tax departments.
5. Entrepreneurial: Encounters new business ideas and continuously assesses the proposals.
6. Possesses strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to be detailed-oriented and compliance-focused.
7. Strong/confident communication style: Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization from internal teams to external partners both verbally and in writing. Displays confidence in expressing opinions and in offering a point of view. Strong interpersonal skills.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.