Firstmark Services Representative II
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Firstmark Services is the operational division for consumer loan servicing within Nelnet Diversified Services. We provide innovative and flexible financial solutions that enable our clients’ success and deliver a positive experience to their customers. As a Firstmark Services Representative III you will assist customer in securing payment relief options for their student loans.
Your day begins by reviewing a queue of payment relief requests such as Clearinghouse data, borrower requests, and loan-related documents. You meticulously input and verify data to ensure accuracy and compliance with established protocols. You may interact with other team members and departments to clarify any discrepancies or obtain missing information. Attention to detail is crucial as you handle large volumes of data, double checking your work, and ensuring all the data aligns with regulatory guidelines.
This role also involves staying updated on changes in loan policies for payment relief and work guides to maintain compliance. Throughout the day, you will use various systems and tools dedicated to data entry, maintaining a high level of proficiency in your work. You will also be required to participate in regular team meetings to discuss ongoing projects, share insights, and receive training on new payment relief processes.
Our mission is to implement payment relief solutions for customers while upholding compliance standards through meticulous manual reviews and adherence to operational guidelines.
Pay Rate: $13.53 per hour
- Ensure integrity of data and information.
- Respond to customer requests by accessing Loan Servicing systems.
- Resolve issues and complete document transactions (ex. school enrollment updates, forbearance processing,).
- Process higher level risk/complex functions with accuracy (ex. deferments, forbearances, borrower complaints)
- Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing systems.
- Mentor other associates as needed.
- Utilize imaging systems.
- Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs.
- Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor and maintain various documents.
- Research and correct issues in an appropriate time period as designated by department standards.
- Reconcile assigned accounts.
- Communicate professionally with other internal departments.
- Serve as a resource person within team.
- Assist other departments in investigating problems as needed.
- Maintain performance data within the appropriate systems.
- Mentor/Train other associates as needed.
- Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy to Do Business with (ETDBW) philosophy.
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement.
High school degree or equivalent required.
1 - 2 years customer service experience and/or general work experience preferred.
Knowledge of Loan Servicing preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Service Excellence
2. Oral communications
3. Written communications
5. Accuracy/Attention to Detail
6. Working with MS Office
7. Business Math
8. Problem Solving
9. Managing Multiple Priorities
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.