Controller - Tax Equity Investments - NRE
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Nelnet Renewable Energy (NRE) is seeking a controller for the Tax Equity Investment & Syndication division of NRE. This open position will also work with the Chief Financial Officer of NRE on long-range planning and advisement on financial affairs , preparation and interpretation of financial reports and related analysis, assisting, on financial forecasting, and making recommendations to optimize performance of the organization.
• Assist in managing the financial position and accounting of multiple legal entities and operations with a strong understanding of the relevant accounting rules that apply.. This includes multiple intercompany transactions, accounting for minority interests, HLBV accounting, and key performance indicators.
• Monitor and analyze overall performance of funding, operations, compliance requirements, and return thresholds associated with tax credit investments
• Manage a finance team, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory entities (ex: Financial Accounting Standards Board and Internal Revenue Service)
• Work with their team on reconciling complex accounts, research, and advanced problem solving
• Assist with financial statement review and consolidation of financial statements
• Application of internal controls over accounting functions
• Work with senior leadership on quarterly operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same
• Work with the CFO to efficiently develop cash and financial budgets
• Apply results of research to the Company’s operations and/or specific transactions
• 5 year college degree in accounting with CPA certification required.
• 5+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting and partnership tax experience preferred.
• 3+ years of leadership and supervisory experience required.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge of partnership taxation and financial, accounting
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while leading team members and working across the organization with colleagues to achieve results
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to achieve goals
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking
• Demonstrated aptitude for evaluating and learning new technologies
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic
• Managing Workforce Diversity
• Project Management
• Team Management and Team Building
**Pay Range for this position is - $150,000 - $180,000 DOE
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.