IT Business Analyst
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.We are looking for an IT Business Analyst to join our Product Team. To succeed in this role, you will have a natural, analytical way of thinking and the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical users. This position is for a highly motivated person seeking a challenging and rewarding work environment. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and providing user acceptance criteria for testing.
Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this role is $50,000-$80,000 annually
- Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy to Do Business with (ETDBW) philosophy.
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement.
- Collaborates with Product Manager and stakeholders to elicit, document, and validate business requirements and identify use cases.
- Represent the product team and articulate the business value with the Delivery Team.
- Conducts thorough analysis of existing systems, processes, workflows, and user needs to identify areas for improvement.
- Fosters strong collaboration with cross-functional teams, including developers, QA, and stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment on project goals and timelines.
- Creates and updates system documentation.
- Performs in-depth data analysis to research test cases, identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Reviews test plans, provides feedback on test results, tests features, summarizes and communicates testing outcomes and demos features for stakeholders.
- Runs reports/queries to ensure accurate and reliable data for decision-making.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities & consistently meet deadlines.
- Act as back-up to Product Manager, as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or commensurate experience
Agile Certification is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst from another industry or detailed working knowledge of several system functions.
- Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools, SQL, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consensus building, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with both technical staff and internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
- Knowledge or experience in an Agile environment a plus
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.