Intern - Pathway (Product & Project Management)
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.If you’re looking for an unparalleled experience to make an impact on your future career, we’d love to hear from you. Through our Pathway Program, interns have the opportunity to expand their network, get real world experience within a business field, and build upon your passions – some of which you’ll discover along the way.
Throughout several department rotations during the academic year, you will commit to working on diverse teams and receiving mentorship from our company’s top contributors. You will become part of a unique cohort designed to support, challenge, and engage you through business-case presentations, networking opportunities, and intern events.
Product/Project Management - We know how to take charge. Interested in learning how to manage a project or task within a business? Nelnet is a fast-paced, growing company that looks to diversify and grow business lines. This intern role will take a look at different areas of our business and how we are looking to continue the growth through new ideas & efficiency updates. Interns in this track will work on tasks such as data collection, preparing reports, deep dive & benchmark analysis, perform product research. Interns in this track rotate through these departments:
• Nelnet Diversified Services (NDS) NDS Product
• Nelnet Diversified Services (NDS) IT Infrastructure
• Nelnet Business Services (NBS) - FACTS Product
• Vendor Risk Management
This program is available for undergrad students in the U.S. for the entire duration of the academic year, and will be conducted in person.
You will receive:
Computer Equipment: Laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, for the duration of your internship
Day-to-day support from direct mentor(s), campus recruiting, and Nelnet support functions regarding any questions you might have.
The most comfortable Nelnet t-shirts along with other swag items to help you feel at home.
Pathway Interns will work directly as a functioning member of multiple teams within Nelnet. Interns will rotate through a variety of business departments across the enterprise, adding value to projects already in place or creating new ones to own yourself. In addition, they will collaborate with other Pathway interns to complete multiple projects based on real business problems Nelnet faces today. Through this program, we have scheduled events, programming, networking, and mentorship opportunities that interns will be expected to participate in.
Working towards a degree in Business Management, Product Management, Project Management, Communication, or other business-related major
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM-related technology.
• Communicate through different channels to internal and external stakeholders one-on-one, large presentations, virtually, and in-person (depending on your location).
• Has the necessary network infrastructure to work virtually if needed.
• Can effectively problem solve independently.
• Is self-motivated, accountable, and driven to maximize opportunities presented in the internship.
• Possesses exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Is comfortable with some degree of ambiguity and able to adapt to multiple rotations throughout the academic year.
• Willing to share new ideas (with interns and full-time associates), while recognizing feedback as an opportunity for professional growth
• Ideally, will be a sophomore or junior in college during the internship term, though all students will be considered.
• Understands how to manage time between school and work responsibilities.
• Must be able to work at least 15-20 hours/week consistently.
Pay - $15 - $17/hourly depending on year in school
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.