Residential Solar Electrician-Nelnet Renewable Energy (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.With a next step in our growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven electrician to help continue the growth and execution of our projects. The ideal candidate has a Journeyman’s electrical license with a willingness to learn more. The position will be largely residential and small commercial electrical work. **This position will be based out of our Elk Grove Village, IL office**
**This position will be based out of our Elk Grove Village, IL office**
● Responsible for installing all electrical components of solar energy systems, including DC wiring, AC wiring, equipment and conduit mounting, system and service grounding, battery backup and related equipment, electric vehicle chargers, main service panels, sub panels, trenching, etc.
●Assist the Master Electrician with the electrical work needed to complete our daily installations
●Maintain company provided vehicle with appropriate electrical equipment supply, communicate needs to project managers or inventory specialists
Additional Job Description
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 1-3 years of residential electrical & solar electrical installation experience (required)
• Electrical license (preferred)
• Proof of journeyman's/apprenticeship hours (required)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
● Intermediate to expert knowledge of electrical work and the local codes
● Strong understanding of the NEC – residential codes and regulations
● Comfortable working on rooftops of any heights/pitch
● Ability to lift, pull, and push materials to complete assigned job task
● Capacity to meet hard and fast deadlines while managing multiple projects
● Strong teamwork skills
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail
● A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license preferred (required to be assigned company vehicle)
● Professional appearance
Pay range for this role is $30.00 to $40.00 per hour depending on experience and certification level
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.