Commercial Journeyman Electrician Solar- NRE Solar (Illinois)
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.With the next step in our growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven electrician to help continue the growth and execution of our projects. The ideal candidate has a Journeyman’s electrical license with a willingness to learn more. The position will work on Utility Scale and C&I Commercial Solar Projects.
• Report to Construction Manager on daily basis
• Adhere to weekly tasks given and perform daily reporting on progress via CompanyCam app
• Responsible for assembling all components of solar energy systems, electrically wiring AC/DC systems, and structurally mounting racking and electrical equipment.
• Lead our teams with the electrical work needed to complete our daily installations.
• Follow Company and OSHA safety policies
• Extensive knowledge of NEC standards
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Responsible for daily reporting of apprentice hours and explanation of tasks they performed.
• Install both underground and above ground electrical conduits per code
• Perform O&M duties on previously built systems under contract or build warranty
• Conduct site visits and all site inspections
• Project planning and management
• Conduct material take-offs
• Manage subcontractors on site as necessary
This position will be based out of our Elk Grove Village, IL office
We are excited to also offer a hire on bonus of $2,500.00 for this role! *
• For Illinois – Appropriate AHJ licensing (preferred)
• 1-3 years of commercial solar installation experience (strongly preferred)
• 4+ years of Commercial electrical experience (required)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
• Successfully completed a 4 year apprenticeship or able to prove equivalent experience
• Strong understanding of the NEC
• Advanced knowledge of electrical work and the local codes
• Tools necessary to complete electrical tasks
• Comfortable working on rooftops of any height/pitch
• Able to travel up to 100% of the time
• Able to qualify and successfully pass state or local AHJ examinations as needed
• Ability to lift, pull, and push materials to complete assigned job task
• Capacity to meet hard and fast deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Strong teamwork skills
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• A clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Professional appearance
Pay range for this role is $42.00- $52.00 an hour, depending on experience. The position may also be eligible for prevailing wage based on job site location.
*Hire on bonus will be paid in 2 increments. $1,000 will be paid out at 90 days of employment and the remaining $1,500 at 6 months of employment.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.