Senior Manager - Risk & Compliance
At Netwealth we are an innovative, award winning, ASX listed investment platform, superannuation and administration business delivering market-leading products. We are on a mission to enable people to see wealth differently and discover a brighter future, not just for our clients but also for our people. We invest in our employees and encourage them to grow professionally and personally.
In this role you will be inspired by diversity & driven by inclusion.
Our Values are who we are, how we tackle decisions and how we want the world to see us. We are Curious, Courageous, Collaborative, Agile, Genuine and Optimistic.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, you will make a significant contribution in the management of Risk and Compliance for the Netwealth Group Limited (NWL) (our listed entity) and its subsidiaries (Group). You will be a key team member in risk and compliance function for
- Netwealth Investments Limited (NIL) who acts in the capacity as Operator of Netwealth’s Wrap Services, responsible entity of Netwealth’s Managed Account and Managed Investment Schemes, custodian of Netwealth’s assets and our broader administration responsibilities; and
- Netwealth Superannuation Services (NSS) who will act in the capacity as Trustee of Netwealth’s Superannuation product.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for providing oversight over the risk and compliance frameworks used in the business to ensure a consistent group wide approach.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for:
- Supervise compliance responsibilities of NWL and subsidiaries to ensure all entities comply with the applicable regulatory requirements and internal procedures;
- Manage the Compliance requirements of Netwealth Group entities and provide oversight over the compliance frameworks to ensure a consistent Group wide approach where practicable;
- Maintain and enhance appropriate compliance registers to capture compliance requirements including obligations, controls, and test registers;
- Ability to drive compliance projects and positively influence compliance culture;
- Provide support to other team members on compliance matters and regulatory requirements as required;
- Assist with team deliverables as directed.
• Assist in the identification, assessment and monitoring of risks in relation to the Risk Management Framework.
• Partner with the business to identify risks and implement appropriate controls to promote a mature risk and compliance culture to minimise instances of incidents and breaches
• Assist the business teams in identifying control weaknesses and provide timely advice to ensure controls are designed and operating effectively.
• Manage, review, and implement risk management policies, practices, and standards.
• Assist in the assessment of new, emerging, and existing risks to identify and capture risk changes and work with the business to develop risk action plans.
• Assist in the promotion of a positive risk culture throughout the businesses, including training and education where required.
- Coordinate and work with the business to implement solutions to promote the quality of compliance and risk;
- Provide support to the team, including assisting in the developments of junior team members;
- Provide advice and guidance on risk and compliance matters as required;
- Manage risk and compliance projects;
- Provide exceptional customer service to all parts of the business.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 7+ years risk/compliance experience, preferably in a financial services environment;
- Superannuation, Investments, IDPS and Managed Account experience;
- Practical understanding of compliance and risk management disciplines including the development of an effective control environment;
- Practical understanding of law and regulatory requirements applicable to Netwealth including Financial Services, Superannuation, Privacy and Anti-Money Laundering;
- Ability to influence change and interact with all levels of the organisation, including senior management;
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Law or Commerce (or similar) is preferable;
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage matters;
- Sound problem-solving and analytical skills;
- A positive and proactive attitude and an ability to adapt to change; and
- A passion for providing outstanding service to your stakeholders.
- We are a flexible and adaptable hybrid workplace
- We have a stylish new CBD office with end of trip facilities for your cycle to work
- We are a social bunch who get together regularly, and participate in corporate sporting events, games, and trivia nights
- We are a family friendly workplace with parental leave and holiday programs for the kids
- We are invested in our local communities through the Netwealth Impact Group with fundraising, events, and volunteering
- Wellness and lifestyle perks including discounted gym memberships, health insurance, shopping and retail discounts, access to financial wellbeing services
- We recognise our people milestones and achievements through reward and recognition
- We are keen to invest in you, through technical and professional learning experiences
Are you curious about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement? Research shows that we don't always apply to jobs we are interested in unless we meet every single qualification. Here at Netwealth we are dedicated and enthusiastic about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you are excited about this role but don't tick every box, we encourage you to apply anyway!