Head of Risk & Compliance
Netwealth is a fast-growing fintech company, delivering market leading products with an award-winning and innovative wealth management platform. We are on a mission to enable people to see wealth differently and discover a brighter future, not just for our clients, but also for our people.
Founded in 1999, with an entrepreneurial spirit, we are one of the fastest growing wealth management businesses in Australia. With NextGen superannuation and investment technology we are challenging the status quo. We are agile and nimble, not stifled by bureaucracy or legacy product.
We are proud of our team of talented people working hard to make life better for more Australian’s. Our Values are who we are, how we tackle decisions and how we want the world to see us – Curious, Optimistic, Courageous, Collaborative, Agile and Genuine.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this is a key role in the Legal, Risk and Compliance Leadership team. With four direct reports, you will lead this team of high performing Risk and Compliance professionals to partner with the business and provide risk and compliance oversight, monitoring, encourage best practice and provide advice on an effective control environment.
This is a people leadership and delivery role. As well as leading, coaching and mentoring your team, you will be responsible for delivering against a number of key projects and initiatives to drive business change and uplift current capabilities across our Line 2 risk and compliance functions.
Projects include taking the lead on the CPS230 standards, the implementation of a best practice model, policy governance framework and control design and implementation.
Our expectation is for you to step into this role and help drive the change agenda. We're excited to see the impact of your technical expertise, combined with strong leadership to bring people on the journey and deliver great business outcomes.
With exceptional people leadership and delivery skills, you have experience coaching, directing, and guiding a team to get the best results. Stakeholder management and influencing, across all levels of an organisation are a big part of your tool kit, as is your problem solving and analytical skills.
This is still a hands-on role, so it is essential you bring the following technical skills and experience:
- Financial Service experience and Risk and Compliance Leadership
- Superannuation, Investments, IDPS and Managed Account experience
- AML experience is a big bonus
- Deep understanding of risk management disciplines, and law and regulatory requirements
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Legal or Commerce (or similar) is preferable
We invest in you! We prioritise the growth of our employees through personalised development plans, identify potential career pathways and actively support internal mobility. We also provide access to further education and diverse training opportunities.
We have adopted a flexible and adaptable hybrid working policy and our state-of-the-art office, in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD has all the bells and whistles you would expect – including end of trip facilities for your commute to work, and breakfast provided daily.
Other benefits include;
- We are a family friendly workplace, with parental leave and a kid’s holiday programme
- We have Wellness and lifestyle perks including discounted gym memberships, income protection insurance, flu shots, wellness weeks, shopping and retail discounts, access to financial wellbeing services
- We’re a social bunch and love to get together regularly, participating in corporate sporting events, games and trivia nights.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We invest in our local communities through the Netwealth Impact Group
Are you curious about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement? Research shows that we don't always apply to jobs we are interested in unless we meet every single qualification. Here at Netwealth, we are dedicated to and enthusiastic about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you are excited about this role but don't tick every box, we encourage you to apply anyway!