Director - Banking Partnerships, APAC
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
- Devise NIUM’s APAC partnership framework and lead, develop, own, and implement a partnership strategy across all APAC countries that aligns with, and supports, NIUM’s overall business vision with a focus on Pay Out / Pay In / Alternate Payments / Travel.
- Identify the most appropriate way to launch NIUM suite of products in a new market. In some cases, you will work directly with the product team to do so; other times you will work with the respective regional coverage teams.
- Typically, in this role, you will work with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Product, BD, and Engineering teams to locate, develop and manage payments partnerships to ensure a successful roll out of payment solutions across APAC.
- Keep abreast with market changes, acquire deep understanding of customer needs and bank / PSP partner’s requirements, and continuously propose and execute innovative solutions which differentiate NIUM offerings
- Act as the Payment consultant, ideally with a deep understanding across multiple payment methods and solution.
- You will own management of these partnerships, and advocate on behalf of NIUM to engage business and industry leaders to drive improvement in the payment supply chain to ensure NIUM’s products have the best customer payments experiences and set new global standards in scalability and efficiency
- The ideal candidate would have around 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in engaging directly with banks for payouts and payins. This experience would be ideally with a leading local fintech firm, but someone coming from a bank would also be considered favourably.
- Deep transaction banking knowledge and expertise with a demonstrated experience in understanding and clearly articulating potentially complex payment flows in detail to bank partners and on industry forums in general.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the current state of regulatory affairs, industry standards, players in the payments industry – including, but not limited to – banking licenses, digital currency licenses, trust licenses, money transmitter licenses, payment licenses, etc.
- Understanding of FX in general. Not necessarily as an FX specialist but someone that understands the basics of the space
- Ability to influence cross- functional teams and align verticals into enterprise-wide outcomes with demonstrated examples of success in managing internal and external partnerships and the ability to negotiate and navigate relationships with internal stakeholders and large external agencies
- Analytical and conceptual thinker with ability to operate in a “blue sky” environment based on strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaboration, etc. Specifically, as this relates to the job, you have the innate ability to figure out the ideal commercial process with every new country / partner
- Able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed. Ideally, someone with creativity and an own view of how NIUM should set up things – leveraging her local experience in the markets.
- MBA or equivalent education would be an advantage
- Proficient in English.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com