Director - SOX Control
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
About the role:
To help accelerate our growth further Nium is looking for a Director/Senior Manager – Finance. This is a Senior Leadership role that will oversee the Balance Sheet reconciliations/schedules to ensure that the balances are appropriately disclosed, and we have the break-up, details, and supporting documents.
What we want you to do here:
· Developing creative, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for process improvements or efficiency enhancements of internal processes
· Work with the finance and accounting team to ensure that audit findings are resolved timely.
· Write narratives and prepare flowcharts documenting internal control processes and current procedures.
· Collaborate with process owners/ managers to ensure proper documentation of all significant processes.
· Apply and assess financial reporting impact based on knowledge of Accounting Principles (e.g., IFRS, GAAP)
· Conduct IT risk assessment with reference to accounting/finance applications, and identify potential weaknesses and solutions to address internal control needs and business requirements without sacrificing efficiency.
· Examine internal control weaknesses and recommend best practices.
· Identify key controls and develop a work program for testing of these key controls
· Perform and documents SOX walkthroughs and testing in accordance with the Company’s frameworks
· Execute work programs to test the operational effectiveness of key controls using a variety of approaches, including sampling, corroboration, observation, and performance.
· Min 10+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/or MNC
· CPA or CA must for this role.
· Should be technically strong with solid knowledge in compliance and SOX Controls.
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
· Possess good business acumen and is highly adaptive.
· Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
· Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com