Senior Compliance Analyst
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Due to the rapid expansion of our organisation, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst to join the Australian Compliance team. This is an ideal role for an individual with an interest in payment services compliance primarily Anti-Money Laundering, but also a wide array of other applicable regulatory obligations including but not limited to Payment Services regulations, Privacy, and Consumer protection.
This position reports to the Head of Compliance, Australia based in Sydney Australia and contributes to the collaborative mission and vision by assisting with the day-to-day management and integration of an effective compliance program.
You will lead as well as contribute to key decisions made that will define the compliance landscape of NIUM that truly makes our business scalable as a platform.
You will be a role model, to the Compliance team as well as the rest of the organisation, of what it means to have a compliance, risk & governance mindset. As a key member of the team, you would be required to undertake other duties consistent with the position from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Review of new and existing clients due diligence for onboarding and monitoring purposes across all product lines including card programs, remittance and collections.
- Review and investigation of escalations in relation to AML, CTF and fraud monitoring as well as potential sanctions violations.
- Work with clients to understand and provide feedback on the clients’ product design and parameters, perform KYB/KYC due diligence, customer onboarding, AML risk assessment to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Conduct review and audits on our clients and third-party intermediaries across Australia.
- Responsible for onboarding decision-making and determine risk limits associated with the product.
- Support change requests for existing products, business accounts, and risk limits.
- Co-operate with sales, operations, and project managers to support the customer onboarding process in an efficient manner.
- Drafting of Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) for review by the AML Compliance Officer.
- Assisting in the development and ongoing improvement of policies and procedures.
- Dealing with queries from law enforcement, banking providers and regulators.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the business on compliance-related matters.
- At least 3-5 years of overall experience working in a risk and compliance role (or similar).
- Bachelors in any discipline. A Master’s Degree would be desirable.
- Experience in conducting due diligence on and maintaining ongoing oversight including conducting audits of institutional clients, program managers and/or agents.
- Experience within the payments / FinTech industry or have knowledge in card acquiring/issuing schemes highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of the Australian regulatory framework and relevant AML rules and legislation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision within tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify red flags and suspicious activity relating to AML, CTF and fraud.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Excel skills including macros, and experience using data analytics tools such as Tableau.
- Ability to work from our Melbourne or Sydney office.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?