Senior Database Administrator
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator to be responsible for the administration and day-to-day maintenance of the operational and analytical (Business Intelligence) databases of the company. The role requires a database management whiz, with strong database administration and troubleshooting skills.
The engineer is responsible for monitoring production environments and processes, providing second line support for internal and external user requests related to Database Infrastructure, working closely with Technical Operations, BI and Software Developers teams to tune queries, design scalable schemas, and improve and administer DB and BI tools in a DevOps work environment.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Administer highly-available MySql and Microsoft SQL Server database server clusters, ensuring optimal performance, capacity management, reliability, security and business continuity, documenting infrastructure, standards and procedures in a PCI environment;
- Use and deploy tools to aid in the management and monitoring of the database infrastructure;
- Assist the Research and Development (R&D) and Site Operations and other teams with the database and BI architecture, design and queries in a DevOps methodology;
- Execute ad-hoc data queries, extracts and updates for customer incident resolution;
- Execute and automate release scripts and any manual updates required on the databases.
- You have a computer science or data administration academic background
- Around 5 years' experience with MySql and Microsoft SQL Servers, and preferably with Percona tools and NoSql database such as MongoDB
- Expertise in optimizing Schemas, SQL tuning and preferably ETL pipelines
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills and the eagerness to learn, seek opportunities to grow and take the initiative to improve the technical skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of UNIX, Tomcat application server and IT applications are all additional assets for the post
- Hybrid working environment: 3 days in the office and 2 days work-from-home
- Health and Dental insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5 days of winter break time off (over and above national leave entitlement)
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Annual eco transport stipend
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?