VP, Product Management
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
What’s the story?
We started out in 2014 with a vision to simplify the digital cross-border payments experience for complex markets. Over time, we grew into a global Fintech platform, regulated in over 40 markets and reaching across 190+ countries. Today we are a universal platform for financial services and our modular services straddle cross-border payments, card issuance, and collections by way of capability.
We have clients in all 6 continents and have diversified our offerings to meet the needs of banks, financial institutions, SMEs, and New Economy businesses, such as eCommerce and online travel. We are a team of more than 700 people across 17 offices globally and growing. Our vision is to embed world-class financial services into every platform we touch and usher in the future of frictionless commerce.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to Nium and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
Our card issuance products help companies operate their payments globally, ensuring they can get the best acceptance rate and most cost-effective solution in 30 countries across 20+ currencies. Our B2B Travel product helps travel companies reduce their operating capital, transaction and foreign exchange costs, reduce fraud exposure, and earn rewards from each transaction. We’re the travel payments market leader in Europe, and we’re rapidly expanding our coverage to more regions.
We’re growing our product team to build the next generation of our card issuance platform – enabling us to expand our products & services globally, handle rapid volume growth (2x YoY), and provide industry-leading up-time and reliability.
As a VP - Product, you will be our key product leader in Amsterdam reporting directly into our CPO, instrumental to building the local team and culture as well as scaling the Nium Travel product to a global scope.
What you will do:
- Own the end-to-end product strategy to scale Nium Travel working closely between our various teams in Malta and Amsterdam while also looking at ways to make Nium’s product offerings in EMEA best in breed by collaborating with our global teams across Singapore, India and San Francisco.
- Develop the roadmap, prototyping plan, and product specs, demonstrating excellent product judgment, clear prioritization, and the ability to communicate both effectively to cross-functional partners and executives.
- Ship products that our customers will see value from over their existing providers to continue to build additional revenue for Nium. You will be responsible for driving a critical product at Nium and it will be critical to think of ways to out-innovate competition while keeping an eye on revenue today.
- Hire and train product managers and design professionals in Europe (Amsterdam and Malta) to execute on the user experience strategy while partnering with global colleagues in product, engineering, design, and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- Work with the global product and engineering team to ensure our platform architecture, documentation, and developer tools support a best-in-class user experience.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with both B2B and B2C offerings, including working on complex product offerings that interact closely with each other while being owned by different product teams around the world.
- A clear understanding of what it takes to build world class API based payments infrastructure.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO to customer meetings, company all-hands, and external events.
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details of what it takes to build APIs but can also drive 30k foot view.
Extras that would make you a standout:
- You’ve worked on B2B/enterprise fintech products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent customer offering.
- You have direct experience working with the major card brands, and ideally focused setting up a card issuing tech stack.
- You understand the nuances of what it will take to win both in the global payments ecosystem as well as in Europe.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?