Senior Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
Your primary responsibilities will be to acquire new clients in North Asia and generate incremental revenues for the firm. You will be spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients, acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients’ business, operations and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent high competent sales skills.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across the North Asia region, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record beating performance when it comes achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment.
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high pressure situations across a range of clients with differing business needs and operating environment across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Pro-actively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in banks, financial firms, marketplaces, ecommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision makers, convincing the client about value proposition and closing the deal.
- 5+ years of B2B (Enterprise) Sales experience.
- Adept at making connections, cold calls, researching and qualifying prospectings and closing new deals.
- Skilled at creating value-based demonstrations, selling complex solutions, objection handling and negotiating.
- Stay abreast and draw on industry news and trends.
- Sales experience in the Travel / OTA industry is plus.
- Highly self motivated and results driven, while being open to taking on new responsibilities outside of your immediate job scope.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese in order to communicate with prospective clients in the region. Other Asian languages are a plus.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com