Senior Compliance Analyst (Rapid Response)
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
- Being part of the Global Compliance Operations Team, reporting into the Head of Compliance Operations. The team is responsible for the detection and prevention of financial crime including fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Reviewing of new and existing clients’ (retail and business customers) due diligence for onboarding and monitoring purposes across all product lines including card programs, remittance and collections
- Reviewing transactions, conducting analysis and identifying suspicious activity
- Reviewing escalations in relation to AML, CTF and fraud monitoring as well as potential sanctions violations
- Performing QA activities, Training and coaching FinCrime ops team
- Assisting other members of AML Compliance with ad hoc analysis and investigation requests
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the business on compliance-related matters
- Conducting financial crime investigations
- Collaborating, coordinating, and partnering with NIUM’s product, business, tech, and local regulatory compliance teams
- 5+ years Compliance (AML/CTF and Sanctions) experience in the payments space covering a wide range of subjects in depth across retail and business customer bases, such as KYC, KYB, CDD/EDD, Transaction Monitoring, Sanction screening, Risk Assessments, Reporting
- Ability to identify red flags and suspicious activity relating to AML, CTF and Fraud
- Hands-on Transaction Monitoring and Client Onboarding Experience
- Understanding of industry-wide financial crime practices and trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision within tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com