Posted on Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a Software Engineer, you will help our cross-functional teams develop and maintain our payments platform and the applications that reside on it. The ideal candidate has the drive to engineer high-quality solutions to complex problems, and experience in steering engineering teams' growth through mentorship is a definite plus.
- Deliver high-quality software features as a member of a cross-functional team, following best engineering practices and guidelines and delivering within reasonable timeframes.
- Diagnose and resolve issues and defects identified in code.
- Participate in the planning and design of product and technical initiatives.
- Proficient in domain technologies and techniques, and researches and communicates alternative ones that are trending in the industry.
- Help improve others, providing technical guidance and mentoring within understood expertise and actively shares knowledge within domain.
- You have 2+ years of experience engineering software and can communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have Object Oriented Software Development experience preferably in Java.
- You have preference for test-driven development that emphasises well-written unit and integration tests, and champion best engineering practices
- You have familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo) databases, implementing and consuming APIs, documenting API specs (RAML and OpenAPI), microservices and tools like Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes
- You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and engineering practices and processes
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com