Senior Compliance Analyst
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Reporting to the SG Head of Compliance and MLRO the successful candidate will sit in the SG Compliance Team and be part of the due diligence workgroup of the AML function. They will be responsible for onboarding of B2B clients including Financial Institutions, Agents, Distributors and Technical Partners, and providing compliance and regulatory guidance on how to implement AML controls. This will include the operation of the ongoing client due diligence review program, as well as driving ongoing enhancements and automation to the onboarding processes.
- Onboarding of new SG/AU/HK B2B clients and partners, providing compliance support and guidance to clients integrating with Nium’s services via API.
- Assessing the implementation of regulatory requirements by the client or partner.
- Providing expert advice to the Business on KYC/AML requirements, including on complex cases.
- Ensure all Client Due Diligence requests and activities are resolved within agreed timeframes, and any issues or bottlenecks that arise are escalated in a timely manner.
- Escalate potential sanctions, PEP and adverse media or suspicious activity concerns to the MLRO.
- Assisting in the development and ongoing improvement of policies and procedures in relation to onboarding and ongoing due diligence.
- Assist with metrics and other ad-hoc management information or reporting.
- Keeping informed of any changes to regulation, processes and procedures.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the business on compliance-related matters.
- At least 3-4 years experience working in a compliance role, ideally with experience in performing AML audits/testing.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and deal with sudden changes in priorities.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the business including the Business Development and Project Management teams.
- Good working knowledge of the SG regulatory framework and relevant AML rules and legislation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision within tight deadlines.
- Experience in conducting due diligence on and maintaining ongoing oversight of FI clients and/or agents.
- Ability to identify red flags and suspicious activity relating to AML, CTF and fraud.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com