Staff Software Engineer - Node
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
· Should be hands-on in Node.
· Collaborate with a teams(DevOps, PO’s, tech Support) to define, design, and ship deliverables
· Ensure application performance, quality, and responsiveness
· Coordinate requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; and troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments.
· Support and develop other developers providing advice, coaching, and learning opportunities.
· Define design and solutions from business requirements, produce estimates and timelines, and manage delivery against those plans
· Exhibit excellent communications skills and engage in technical discussions with peers becoming a trusted, technical advisor.
· Work with others to ensure adherence to code standards and best practices
· Produce reusable, testable, and efficient code
· Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
· Implement secure by design standards.
· 8+ years of programming experience; 5+ years in JS stack (including TypeScript).
· Should have 5 years of experience in working in FinTech or any other financial product-based organization.
· Should have to lead a team of 4-7 members for at least 4 years.
· Should have worked on frontend and backend, a full-stack per se.
· Should have worked extensively on asynchronous development and data security principles.
· Experience in micro-service-based development using AWS infrastructure.
· Experience in API development, swagger, and mutation testing.
· Experience with Mongo (Atlas) & RDBMS databases.
· Experience ofAWS Infrastructure[ALB, RabbitMQ, SQS, S3, ECR, ECS, EC2, Auto-Scaling], ELK (or its equivalent).
· Ability to write and review code of high standard.
· Self-motivation, goal-oriented approach.
· Understanding of Agile methodologies.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com