Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Where do you come into the picture?
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, the Finance Manager will provide top notch financial acumen and insight. You will make recommendations to the Senior Finance Manager for the development and implementation of controls and processes and will also be responsible for the maintenance of accounting practices, procedures and records to ensure efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting.
The Financial Manager will also be responsible for managing the Group’s registered companies financial reporting requirements.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have a drive to improve processes, systems and reporting continuously, and if you have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Performing daily BAU activities such as processing invoices and payments, performing reconciliations, booking accruals and prepayments etc on a timely manner whist also maintaining high quality standards.
- Plan and execute statutory audits on a timely basis and build strong relationships with external parties (auditors and other third parties involved in the statutory reporting process). This includes preparing and providing key audit deliverables such as consolidated trial balances, explaining key movements etc.
- Meeting all regulatory (UK and EU), tax and company secretarial compliance requirements for our registered entities.
- Driving continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including the design and implementation of processes and key controls to ensure efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Working closely with the Financial Operations department to ensure balances from the day-to-day running of the business are recorded completely and accurately i.e scheme fees, processor fees etc.
- Play a key role in partnering Finance with the wider team within the company in order to drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- Support the decision-making process by analysis and reporting around key business drivers, including revenues, cash, gross margin, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Ensuring timely and accurate cash flow forecasts are prepared on a weekly basis in order for management to make informed decisions for the future.
- Assist with the working day 1 and month-end reporting process by supporting the Senior Finance Manager with analysing and explaining the month-on-month movements which is delivered to the Board.
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- The successful candidate will be ACA qualified with exceptional organisational skills.
- Exceptional bookkeeping skills
- Experience working with B2C technology, fintech, and/or payment services business is considered advantageous.
- Experience working with Quickbooks or Netsuites is considered advantageous.
- A driven individual who takes initiative and thrives in a dynamic environment, demonstrating financial acumen
- and has experience delivering quantitative analyses. Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Ability to identify financial and operating trends, and produce financial forecasts.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and achieving effective results within tight deadlines in a high growth
- and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to understand how the business operates and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by the Finance team
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.