Director, Business Development (Airlines)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Your Next Exciting Role
As a Business Development Director (Airline), you will drive our European Travel Payments agenda by establishing B2B clients in Europe, delivering new clients, and generating incremental revenues at Nium. you will be responsible for managing and growing our Nium Travel clients along with optimizing their journey and ensuring that the overall customer success and account growth criteria are met.
You will also build deep expertise about Nium’s Travel Payments solution to best position our solutions with the key clients and partners you manage. You will own and drive account management activities related to key identified customers, building relationships based on mutual trust and cross-selling/up-selling Nium’s Travel Payments solutions.
What would a day @Nium look like?
- Identify new revenue opportunities and develop deep relationships within the Airline and Travel industry
- Create, develop, and nurture consistent commercial pipeline to support Nium’s growth
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree of effectiveness while engaging in sales & relationship management.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across Europe, effectively negotiating and managing potential clients of the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues, and profitability.
- Build meaningful relationship within the airline industry as well as Online Travel Agency (OTA)
- Partner with Nium global Business development team to get a deeper understanding of Nium’s Payment solution and enhance internal Sales processes, best practice and key business insights
- Drive new revenue stream via our new Airlines Payment Solutions
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- A proven track record in Payments and travel industry in Europe
- Solid network of potential prospects and partners
- Excellent communication skills and gravitas to nurture relationship with Executive clients
- Commercially focused, pragmatic, and able to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Ability to understand and tailor approach to individual customers with empathy, effectively playing the role of problem-solver for the customer
- Data driven and analytical mindset
- Results – oriented, client focused and obsessed with simultaneously delivering value
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com