Head of Engineering
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
• Provide strong daily inspiration, leadership, and management to the Nium technology teams, including recruitment, employee training and development, and performance management.
• Serve as a thought leader and strategy driver for the Engineering and Product roadmap and a key member of the Leadership Team
• Formulate long-term strategy for technological development and product roadmap for new product development, plan and formulate the company's long-term engineering practices.
• Manage the company's overall core technology, organize the formulation and implementation of major technical decisions.
• Work with business and development teams to understand and influence product vision and requirements
• Understand and influence all elements of the software lifecycle, work together and develop quality engineering approaches that fit the overall architecture
• Design test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses, data, and tools that increase the speed of sprint cycles and allow for constant high-quality results.
• Build and manage a team of software engineers and quality analysts and working closely to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team
• 10+ years in Software Engineering, 5+ years in managing teams
• Experience building and operating highly available backend distributed systems
• Proficiency in at least one of Java, Python, C++, C#, Golang
• Strong experience with scalable and reliable services/APIs
• Strong design and architectural insights with proven accomplishments.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Passion for turning business and product ideas into engineering solutions
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com