Director - Tax
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
About the role:
To help accelerate our growth further, Nium is looking for a Director – Taxation. This strategic role involves planning and advising the management on global taxation, including existing and new jurisdictions we intend to do business. Would also involve monitoring statutory tax filing, refunds, reconciliations, and coordinating with our global tax advisors.
What we want you to do here:
• Be a strategic advisor to the business on Direct and Indirect tax matters for all the jurisdictions we operate.
• Plan and advise tax implications for the new legal entities we propose to create in new business jurisdictions.
• Review cost plus cross charges between legal entities and advise on settlement of inter-company balances.
• Monitor the minimum capital requirements in different jurisdictions.
• Responsible for monitoring and coordinating tax filings in all jurisdictions.
• Advise the business on employee taxes, taxation of ESOPs, fundraising, etc.
• Advise business on withholding obligations on payments made to vendors and the taxes that need to be recovered from our customers.
• Coordinate with our global tax advisory firms in filing our tax returns.
• Monitor and file refund applications, R&D tax credits, 1099 in the US, and other similar requirements across the globe.
• Responsible for the GL accounts relating to direct and indirect taxes, including advance taxes, withholding taxes, deferred taxes, pending refunds of indirect taxes, R&D tax credits, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of international direct and indirect taxation.
• Min 10+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and / or MNC a must.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is required. Knowledge of other foreign local GAAP is advantageous.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
• Possess good business acumen and is highly adaptive.
• Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
• Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com