Principal- Regulatory Compliance
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
As a Principal/Lead - you will be working as part of Nium’s global, dynamic Compliance team and will be reporting to the VP Compliance (APAC). The Compliance team is responsible for advising the business on all compliance matters and ensuring the regulatory requirements for Singapore are met. In addition, this team is also responsible for client onboarding, Transaction Monitoring, and for the detection and prevention of financial crime including, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Review, assess and maintain AML/CFT policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with MAS regulatory requirements.
- Provide advisory on Regulatory Compliance and AML CFT related requirements for new Product and Business use cases.
- Assist in to improve and streamline end to end compliance operational processes through automation and technology. Use technology and machine learning to build capabilities to scale.
- Ensure all Client Due Diligence requests and activities, including review of clients’ profile, risk rating, name screening, verification of documentations during the clients' lifecycle are resolved within agreed timeframes, and any issues or bottlenecks that arise are escalated in a timely manner.
- Perform periodic, trigger, and ad hoc AML reviews on clients' profile, and ensure that adverse news hits and increased risk factors have been appropriately identified and escalated in accordance to company’s procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform transaction monitoring review on accounts/ transactions highlighted for review. Review, assess and resolve name screening alerts on a timely basis.
- Prepare Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) for suspicious transactions.
- Conduct country specific risk assessment highlighting control gaps, and working with stakeholders to ensure remediation is completed timely.
- Ensure proper regulatory and AML/CFT reporting to the MAS.
- Prepare reports to Senior Management and Compliance Committees.
- Lead the roll out and ongoing management of the Compliance Training Framework
- Participating in Compliance or business-driven projects, including regulatory developments and strategic initiatives
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- At least 8 years’ experience within regulated companies, in compliance role(s) with robust knowledge on Compliance topics (KYB / KYC, AML/CFT, Sanctions etc.)
- Good understanding of the Payments/Fintech industry
- Knowledge and experience (preferably within Payments/Fintech)
- ACAMS/ICA certified (preferably)
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Demonstrate clear sense of accountability in performing the role and a positive demeanor
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, see the bigger picture, challenge the current status quo and define scalable and sustainable processes and methodology
- Able to prioritize quickly and meet deadlines even under pressure
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities, including some previous experience (or willingness) to build, lead and motivate a team.
- Willingness to learn continuously and keep up to date with the Payments industry and its regulatory landscape (Globally).
- Fluent English
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.