Senior Analyst - Finance
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
The Senior Analyst – Finance (Accountant) will report to the Finance Manager and act as a point of reference with regards to day-to-day accounting matters both internally and with 3rd parties. Our Accountant has the opportunity to evolve in a dynamic environment, both in terms of education and training and also by taking on initiative within operations and supporting our ambitious growth objectives.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Conduct weekly and monthly reviews of Profit and Loss (P&L) and balance sheets
- Perform first-level reviews of journal entries across all UK entities
- Perform timely and accurate reconciliations with regards to transactions and balances including suppliers, intercompany balances, and bank reconciliations
- Assisting in annual financial statements audits, liaising with external auditors and preparation of audit deliverables
- Assist in the day 1 and month-end reporting process by analysing and explaining month-on-month movements for presentation to the Board
- Engage in day-to-day bookkeeping activities
- Book accruals, prepayments, and conduct trend analysis on the P&L
- Prepare cashflows to support financial planning and decision-making processes
- Ensuring correct treatment of day-to-day transactions, including classification and correct allocation
- Preparation of supplier payment file in line with agreed credit terms for scheduled payment runs
- Perform timely and accurate reconciliations with regards to transactions and balances including suppliers, intercompany balances and bank reconciliations
- Assist in building streamlined workflows and automating procedures for recurring and new processes
- Building a professional working relationship with suppliers, clearing any issues and variances as appropriate
- Involvement in month-end procedures including appropriate treatment of accruals and prepayments, general ledger reconciliations and variance analysis
- Preparation of other ad-hoc reporting which may be required from time to time
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Big 4/Top 10 Experience is preferred.
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements
- Previous experience of at least 2 years working within a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel and previous experience working with QuickBooks will be considered an asset.
- Analytical and detail-oriented individual with a proactive approach to improving procedures.
- Team player having a results-oriented personality and a can-do attitude.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.