Financial Crime Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
Nium is looking for a Financial Crime Analyst to work closely with our global compliance team. We are looking for a self-starter and driven individual who is keen to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This role will report to the Head of Compliance operations and will closely collaborate with the global Compliance team. This is a full time role, It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to attend their local office to work for a minimum of three days per week in the office.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Help to prevent Money laundering, Terrorism financing, Fraud and Sanctions violations
- Monitor AML/CTF & Fraud rules for any suspicious or unusual transactions
- Ensure any transaction alerts are reviewed and dealt with in a timely manner
- File Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) when required
- Conduct real time screening to ensure compliance with Sanctions obligations
- Ensure adherence to local and global compliance policies and procedures
- Stay up to date with AML related news and regulatory developments
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar Transaction Monitoring role in organisations with cross-jurisdictional operations.
- Proven ability to analyse complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and provide clear business recommendations based upon that analysis.
- Strong interest in Financial Crime
- Willingness to learn compliance processes and develop skills at a fast pace
- CAMS / ICA certification is viewed favourably
- Experience in FinTech or start-up experience is strongly preferredAbility to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities.
- Collaborate and engage with a variety of individual stakeholders.
- Great communication skills, articulating simply, but in detail the elements of onboarding due diligence assessment, including making recommendations on further course of action and being ready to explain your rationale
- Fluent English
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.