Senior Data Base Administrator
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
What you will be doing:
NIUM is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to architect, build, and manage our PostgreSQL and MongoDB database infrastructure. This position will also serve as a coach for our software engineering and analytics teams in effective query and schema design, performance optimization, and all other database related matters.
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of relational database design, Postgres features and utilities, strong tuning and optimisation skills, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple development and production Postgres / MongoDB environments.
- Proactively monitoring database performance and troubleshooting issues
- Working cross-functionally with our engineers and analytics professionals to optimize queries, fix performance bottlenecks, improve existing schemas and design new ones
- Creating and maintaining change control and testing processes, reviewing and approving database modifications
- Conducting research and making recommendations on data-related products, services, protocols, and standards; planning for future growth of our data asset
- Reviewing development and deployment processes related to databases and identifying areas of improvement (such as online schema changes)
- Creating and maintaining documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, testing failover and recovery plans
- Experienced in creating Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Cursors, Triggers, User Profiles, User Defined Functions, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity.
- Hands on with Backup and restore procedures.
- Improving database expertise company-wide
- PostgreSQL / MongoDB DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment
- 6+ years of database management and engineering experience
- Exceptional SQL development and performance tuning skills
- Experience architecting a large-scale production database platforms
- Expertise with Postgres/Mongo system metrics and optimization strategies
- Familiarity with system level metrics and practical use of common Linux utilities
- Mastery of one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash
- Understanding of virtualisation and clustered environments
- Great communication skills and a passion for both teaching and learning
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.