Principal, Field Marketing - APAC
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
About the role:
You’ll serve as the regional deputy to the global head of marketing and communications and will mentor a growing team of skilled marketers, providing guidance, fostering professional development, and promoting a collaborative work environment. You will be responsible for devising the regional strategy and execution of all our field programs, from events to digital demand generation, with a focus on driving lead generation, nurturing existing prospects, and engaging current customers throughout the relationship funnel. You’re extremely self-motivated and sales-driven. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded marketing leader who is looking to deliver innovative programs that have a big impact on driving sales pipeline in one fintech’s most important segments – global payments.
- Drive rhythmic campaigns that thrive in the fast-growing global payments industry;
- Develop localized field marketing programs and build buy-in with regional sales teams to drive awareness, generate demand, and accelerate pipeline growth;
- Plan and execute (end to end) in person and virtual events, webinars, and integrated campaigns to create new pipeline and accelerate existing opportunities;
- Partner with centralized marketing team to build out assets to execute in region;
- Identify, negotiate, and execute sponsorships at industry or partner events;
- Work with content and creative teams to build landing pages, e-mails, and nurture communications for events and campaigns;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Demand Generation, Sales Development, Business Development, Product Marketing, Customer Success teams to deliver marketing campaigns that support integrated go-to-market strategies
- Supporting the Demand Generation and Sales Ops teams to manage measurement of every event program’s impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate event/campaign ROI, and present recommendations for improvement
- Work with legal, executives, and finance to ensure a timely contract execution and procurement process for payment
- Ability to travel as needed ~25%
- Conduct market research to identify emerging trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning, translating insights into actionable strategies.
- Manage relationships with external marketing agencies and vendors, ensuring timely and high-quality deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze key marketing metrics and KPIs, providing regular reports to the executive team and recommending adjustments to marketing strategies as needed.
- 8+ years of B2B experience in field marketing or relevant marketing area; global payments experience a plus
- Results-driven and willing to go the extra mile to achieve targets;
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, including social media, content marketing, SEO, and paid advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful marketing campaigns, driving customer acquisition and retention.
- Proven experience as a marketing leader, with excellent leadership skills with a track record of managing and motivating high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments and influence key stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven approach to decision-making and a strong proficiency in marketing analytics tools. Creative and innovative thinker, able to identify and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with ability to make data-driven decisions
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Salesloft, and Pardot or similar platforms
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Familiarity with global payments and card issuing highly desirable
- Proficiency in foreign language, including Mandarin
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.