Director - Tax
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
About the role:
To help accelerate our growth further, Nium is looking for a Director – Taxation. This strategic role involves planning and advising the management on global taxation, including existing and new jurisdictions we intend to do business. Would also involve monitoring statutory tax filing, refunds, reconciliations, and coordinating with our global tax advisors.
What we want you to do here:
• Be a strategic advisor to the business on Direct and Indirect tax matters for all the jurisdictions we operate.
• Plan and advise tax implications for the new legal entities we propose to create in new business jurisdictions.
• Review cost plus cross charges between legal entities and advise on settlement of inter-company balances.
• Monitor the minimum capital requirements in different jurisdictions.
• Responsible for monitoring and coordinating tax filings in all jurisdictions.
• Advise the business on employee taxes, taxation of ESOPs, fundraising, etc.
• Advise business on withholding obligations on payments made to vendors and the taxes that need to be recovered from our customers.
• Coordinate with our global tax advisory firms in filing our tax returns.
• Monitor and file refund applications, R&D tax credits, 1099 in the US, and other similar requirements across the globe.
• Responsible for the GL accounts relating to direct and indirect taxes, including advance taxes, withholding taxes, deferred taxes, pending refunds of indirect taxes, R&D tax credits, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of international direct and indirect taxation.
• Min 10+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and / or MNC a must.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is required. Knowledge of other foreign local GAAP is advantageous.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
• Possess good business acumen and is highly adaptive.
• Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
• Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.