Director / Sr Director - Product
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Job Location : Mumbai/Bangalore or Hyderabad
What You Will Do
· Own the end-to-end product strategy to scale Nium Product portfolio, working closely between our various teams across regions globally while also looking at ways to make Nium’s product offerings in APAC best in breed by collaborating with our global teams across Singapore, India and San Francisco.
· Develop the roadmap, prototyping plan, and product specs, demonstrating excellent product judgment, clear prioritisation, and the ability to communicate both effectively to cross-functional partners and executives.
· Ship products that our customers will see value from over their existing providers to continue to build additional revenue for Nium. You will be responsible for driving a critical product at Nium and it will be critical to think of ways to out-innovate competition while keeping an eye on revenue today.
· Hire and train product managers and design professionals in India to execute on the user experience strategy while partnering with global colleagues in product, engineering, design, and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
· Work with the global product and engineering team to ensure our platform architecture, documentation, and developer tools support a best-in-class user experience.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with both B2B and B2C offerings, including working on complex product offerings that interact closely with each other while being owned by different product teams around the world.
- Experience in working and building products for Payments industry ( Mandatory )
- A clear understanding of what it takes to build world class API based payments infrastructure.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO to customer meetings, company all-hands, and external events.
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details of what it takes to build APIs but can also drive 30k foot view.
Extras That Would Make You a Standout :
- Experience in Payments industry.
- You’ve worked on B2B/enterprise fintech products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent customer offering.
- You understand the nuances of what it will take to win both in the global payments ecosystem as well as in APAC.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.