Senior Software Engineer ( Web Development - ReactJS/NextJS )
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in Web Development and a specialisation in SEO. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our Backend, QA, and Reliability Engineering teams to develop systems characterised by their security, stability, and observability.
This role is pivotal and highly visible within our organisation, as you will be responsible for ensuring that our customers receive software that is consistently high in quality, availability, security, and performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain sophisticated web applications for our consumer-facing products, utilising ReactJS and NextJS.
- Conduct comprehensive Unit Testing to ensure code robustness and reliability.
- Collaborate effectively with Backend engineers to integrate backend logic and front-end development seamlessly.
- Optimise public web pages for enhanced speed and SEO efficiency.
- Work in conjunction with the Wordpress development team to drive SEO improvement initiatives.
- Lead content back linking and microsite strategies to achieve high SEO rankings for targeted keywords.
- Champion the transition to Server-Side Rendering (SSR) using NextJS, setting a standard for excellence.
- Proactively anticipate and address potential issues, implementing corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Continually assess and implement new tools and processes to maximise development efficiency.
- In-depth understanding of the interplay between Infrastructure and Application Development, with the ability to transition effortlessly between strategic planning and hands-on technical work.
- Strong familiarity with the Web Development ecosystem, especially ReactJS/NextJS, and current web technologies.
- Ability to remain composed and effective during Live Site Incidents, driving collaborative solutions under pressure.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Web Development.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.