Business Development Manager - Instarem (Singapore)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
The Business Development Team is responsible for driving opportunities, growing revenue and building relationship with our potential and existing customers. The team collaborates closely with all cross-functional teams to provide supports and services to our clients.
- Drive new business growth by acquiring new customers and meet individual sales targets in contributing to the team achievements;
- Build a pipeline of qualified leads and maintain accurate records of all interactions & progress in the sales CRM system;
- Identify and prospect potential clients by understanding clients’ needs and effectively communicating the value proposition of Nium;
- Conduct negotiations with prospects, addressing any concerns they may have;
- Manage and grow existing client accounts by identifying cross-selling opportunities and maximizing revenue generation;
- Develop/maintain strong relationships with existing clients and acting as a trusted advisor;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of services and client issues;
- Initiate contact with potential customers by conducting research & identify potential prospects through various channels and using cold calling technique to schedule appointments for the sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience in Sales and 2 years in Payment technology;
- Client-centric with considerable experience in managing Corporate accounts and stakeholders;
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to engage with senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Fluent Cantonese, English and Mandarin preferred;
- Results-driven and ability to operate effectively in a multi-functional, challenging & face-paced environment;
- Solutions-oriented mindset with proven track record of exceeding goals;
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive positive outcomes;
- Possess high learning agility, cultural sensitivity and a global mindset.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.