Director - Regulatory Compliance & MLRO
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
Nium is looking for a Head of Compliance and MLRO that is expert in their field, a real self-starter and driven individual who is keen to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This person will drive the evolution of our Compliance function in Lithuania.
This role will report to the VP Compliance Europe who is based in the London office and will closely collaborate with the global Compliance team.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Ensuring Nium is ahead of any regulatory changes that affect our Lithuanian entity
- Build relationships and partner with stakeholders across our global organisation to develop innovative and effective solutions to ensure compliance and business objectives are met
- Chair of Compliance committee, responsible for analysis, monthly reporting and recommendations related to AML/CTF up to the Senior Leadership Team and the Board
- Managing and mentoring staff members of all levels
- Fully accountable for ensuring policies and procedures are kept up to date and implemented effectively
- Correspondence with the Regulator
- Identify and support implementation of compliance technology and data-driver solutions to facilitate compliance with current and new laws and regulations
- Managing internal and external audits with a high degree of professionalism
- Preparation and submission of suspicious activity reports to the relevant authorities
- Annual refresh of the of AML/CTF training program
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- At least 10 years’ experience as an MLRO in the fintech sector
- Comprehensive understanding of the Bank of Lithuania's regulations and the local Lithuanian fintech regulatory landscape
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Lithuanian
- Leadership experience
- Excellent working knowledge of AML/CTF regulations
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities.
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward.
- Able to operate in a global, virtual environment.
- Collaborate and engage with a variety of individual stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to lead calls and workshops and present to customers and internal stakeholders at all levels
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.