Senior Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
What’s the story?
InstaReM began in 2015 with a vision to simplify the cross-border payments experience. While continuing to be an expert in consumer remittances, the team behind InstaReM expanded and scaled its offerings to meet the needs of SMEs,Financial Institutions, Enterprises and even other payment service providers. That expansion included an innovative technology infrastructure that makes sending, spending and receiving money across borders faster, more transparent and better integrated with our customers’ lives and business needs. InstaReM is powered by the same platform that we offer our enterprise clients. That platform is NIUM.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to Nium and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
Joining the Australia Intsarem SME team, your primary responsibility will be to acquire new SME clients in Australia for the Instarem.com cross border payments platform by leveraging your considerable experience in cross border payments and leveraging the networks you have developed over time. Along with delivering new clients, you will generate incremental revenues from existing clients by understanding their needs and introducing new products from our portfolio. You will
also be required to manage and expand a number of partnership programs that will
deliver new business. You will be spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients,acquiring new clients, regularly analysing the key clients’ business, operations and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent high competent sales skills. As an organization leader at Nium, you would be required to undertake other duties consistent with the position from time to time as the Company may reasonably require
What would a day in your life @ Instarem SME look like?
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across Australia, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Instarem can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record beating performance when it comes achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high pressure situations across a range of clients with differing business needs and operating environment across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Pro-actively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in SME’s, financial firms, marketplaces, ecommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision makers, convincing the client about value proposition and closing the deal.
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- An entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’ mindset combined with 5+ years of direct hands-on experience selling payments to SME’s in Australia
- Having 5-10 years of business development, sales and origination experience in cross border payments is essential
- Robust network of contacts and strong understanding of financial, ecommerce, banking, payments and financial services industries.
- Ability to manage and optimise 3rd party partnerships that can deliver new business opportunities
- Revenue target achievement occurs as a logical outcome of how you approach creating value for customers and not the other way around
- Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions.
- Result oriented, client focused and obsessed with simultaneously delivering value and delight.
- Data driven, analytical and fully understand the diverse ways in which our ecosystem of products can be further adopted by our customers
- Ability to deep dive into customers use case and approach solutions with complete empathy, effectively playing the role of problem solver for the customer.
- Self-motivated, adept in working solo as well as in global teams. Ability to work in a “hands on” environment.
- Exceptional relationship management, negotiation skills & most importantly, ability to close deals.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.