Application Support Engineer (Weekend Shift)
oneZero Financial Systems
Come join oneZero Financial Systems! An exciting, fast-growing company with Headquarters in Cambridge MA, oneZero empowers banks, brokerages, and hedge funds with cutting-edge trade routing and execution technology. Our platform, deployed with 200+ entities globally, features a low-latency trading environment, integrations to the world’s leading execution venues, and reliable IT infrastructure and technical support—all designed to be customized and scaled to serve any business model and any size of market participant. We take pride in our great work atmosphere and highly motivated team of engineers. We are currently looking for a motivated and talented Application Support Engineer (Weekend Shift) to join our Sydney office.
Over the last few years, oneZero has seen a surge of interest from our client base in the trading of digital assets like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Our platform is primed and ready to support this emerging asset class, allowing our clients to actively participate in the digital asset space 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We’re excited to expand and evolve our support model to accommodate the continuous trading hours of these digital assets. This change will also put us in the perfect position to handle the traditional OTC FX markets’ transition to extended off-hours trading.
Come and join the oneZero team to collaborate on this brand-new industry dynamic!
oneZero is proud to have been named one of Business Intelligence Group's Best Places to Work 2021: https://www.bintelligence.com/blog/2021/3/11/20-companies-named-2021-best-places-to-work
Please see oneZero featured in e-Forex Magazine to learn more about the company and our dynamic team (https://goo.gl/vbXw8i).
The Application Support Engineer position supports customer-facing operations by responding to operational and business issues. This position is responsible for planning, deploying, and supporting client implementations of oneZero's products.
This position will be responsible for the planning and execution of weekend activities in coordination with our existing Monday to Friday support team. This work will include carrying out upgrades and migrations for the oneZero application software, processing client service requests, and providing application support to clients over the phone, email, and live chat.
The successful applicant for the Application Support Engineer position will be required to work full-time hours spread across set days during the usual business week and weekend. The typical schedule will be Saturday and Sunday plus two weekdays. This is subject to an initial training period of 8 weeks from the commencement date where all work will be performed from Monday to Friday.
- Provide customer support in accordance with company SLAs via email, phone, or live chat.
- Act as a technical first responder. Triage technical issues across multiple infrastructure levels (network, OS, application). Prioritize and escalate issues according to the severity and details of each case.
- Analyze logs, FIX messages, and other primary sources to determine the root cause of trading and quoting issues.
- Manage upgrades and migrations for oneZero and related application software. Perform system check-out after the process is completed.
- Develop subject matter expertise and be an ambassador of digital asset knowledge within the team.
- Work with clients to appropriately configure each aspect of their oneZero application, including liquidity provider details, order routing configuration, trading platform connectivity, and prime broker give-up arrangements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to process multiple client communication streams and make high-quality decisions under pressure.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and tools, and enthusiastically take on new opportunities and tough challenges.
- High proficiency level (power user) with Microsoft Windows OS.
- 2 - 5 yr experience supporting clients in the financial services industry.
- Understanding of FIX protocol.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking.
- Basic knowledge of SQL (PGSQL, MYSQL).