Financial Accountant (12 month Parental Leave Contract)
At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with the wider business to provide key support in relation to customer accounts and queries. You’ll also be supporting the Financial Control team with team with daily cash management, month end reconciliations and our ever-moving project work in this 12 month parental leave contract.
What you will be doing
• Preparation of month-end accounting and reconciliations, including:
• Fixed assets
• Trust accounts’ reconciliations
• Loan book reconciliations, etc
• Support Assistant Accountant to process daily cash transactions, manage resolution of customer queries across the business and month-end tasks if needed
• Preparation of BAS, NZ GST, and FBT
• Preparation of monthly / quarterly regulatory reporting, e.g. APRA, financial services licence, loss recovery reports
• External audit liaison and support
• Processing Fortnightly AP payments run and ad-hoc payments
• Supporting the Financial Control team with other accounting and operational matters.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage stakeholders on expectations.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Experience with Netsuite would be a bonus.
• Solid grasp of key accounting concepts and a curious mind.
• Experience within financial services, banking or lending environement in a similar role would be highly advantageous
• Recently completed / part-way through your CA qualification.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it’s a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
• Growth: There’s something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
• Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional “Me Days” and access to holistic EAP coaching.
• Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
• Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You’ll find an environment where there’s always something new around the corner. It’s collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We’re building the future of small business finance. Join us!
Something looks off?