At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in our day-to-day operations, month end process and annual and half-yearly reporting by assisting in preparing our financial statements, being a key point of contact for our auditors and assisting with our regulatory reporting and tax submissions.
What you will be doing
- Taking ownership of selected accounting processes including processing journals, month end reconciliations, preparation of internal and external reporting requirements. Including the Trust entities.
- Contributing to an efficient and high-quality month-end close.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual and half yearly financial statements in full compliance with Australian and New Zealand Accounting Standards, and other statutory requirements.
- Preparation of Trust financial statements.
- Being a key point of contact during the Group’s external audit and review process, including maintaining a sound relationship with our external auditors, and responding to requests in a timely manner.
- Support Assistant Accountant to process daily cash transactions and manage resolution of customer queries across the business and month-end tasks if needed.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group’s income tax returns.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of the Group’s ongoing compliance requirements, including APRA regulations and licence (AFSL) conditions.
- Contributing to continuous process improvement across both accounting processes and operational efficiency and to support the fast-paced scaling of the business across multiple products and geographies.
- Supporting the Financial Control team with other accounting, operational and ad-hoc matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- CA qualified
- Big 4 audit background preferred.
- Solid grasp of Australian Accounting Standards and local Tax regulations - exposure to AASB 2 and AASB 9 will be highly regarded.
- Track record of project delivery and process improvement.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage stakeholders on expectations.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Be a great communicator and collaborator, both in the Finance team, across the business and with our external stakeholders.
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite and Blackline a plus
- Commercial experience in a Financial Services / FinTech setting highly regarded.
Don't let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it's a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
- Growth: There's something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
- Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional "Me Days" and access to holistic EAP coaching.
- Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We’re a Best Workplace in Australia for 2023! We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You'll find an environment where there's always something new around the corner. It's collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We're building the future of small business finance. Join us!