Senior Software Engineer
Zepto is a rapidly-scaling provider of real-time, account-to-account payments solutions for merchants, and is reimagining the way money moves through the always-on, digital-first economy.
Our growing team across Australia allows for like-minded, talented, passionate people motivated to help us deliver on our brand promise to #LevelThePayingField
At Zepto we believe in the power of positive human experiences, and that a deep sense of belonging creates cohesion in our culture. So, even in a remote-first team, you will be a contributor and custodian of that culture. You will also enjoy solving complex problems, and play a key role in creating something truly special as we focus on delivering ‘a better way to pay’ at Zepto.
About the Role:
We would like to hear from experienced Senior Software Engineers looking for a new opportunity. We have several roles available and we welcome applications from experienced senior engineers located anywhere in Australia. We primarily work with Ruby/Rails on EKS/AWS and looking for experienced engineers to join our scaling business on a quest to #LevelThePayingField.
Working in a scale-up, means you get the opportunity to flex your skills in a variety of ways. We are agile and always willing to roll up our sleeves to get things done. You can, however, expect your day to day to be involved in the following:
- Creating a world-leading payments API, beloved by engineers, our merchants and their customers
- Constantly improving and shipping new software
- Collaborating and supporting your peers to create a team environment and alignment to our purpose
- Being passionate about processes for writing, reviewing and thinking about scalable, secure and optimised code
- Collaborating on product and system designs within a cross-functional team
- Collaborating with dedicated Security, SRE and Incident Management teams to support a platform that is mission-critical to our customers, in a heavily regulated industry
- Providing technical insight to the customer support and onboarding teams
- Participating in our on-call rotation supporting mission-critical systems
You will have proven experience in navigating through blockages and problems and flexing your solutions focused mindset, to enable teams to do their best work. You have confidence in making technical decisions, and have experience working alongside other senior engineers to find robust, scalable and maintainable solutions.
You are known for working in critical, zero downtime environments with high volume applications. As well as having the ability to communicate technical information to non technical audiences.
Let’s not forget that you’re energised and enthusiastic. You are comfortable with working in a busy, high volume, competitive commercial environment. Your collaboration skills make you a valued member of the team and fundamentally a good colleague to work with.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in a backend language such as Ruby + API development.
- Experience in building solutions using big data and cloud-based technologies.
- Experience in applying modern software development practices such as test driven development and continuous delivery while working with event driven systems, microservice architecture and data streaming platforms.
- Able to implement solutions that scale and perform for millions of transactions
- Able to be effective in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to adapt and thrive in an evolving environment.
- Excellent relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong learning agility.
- Someone who looks at challenging situations through a solutions-focused lens.
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s on Offer:
Headquartered in beautiful Byron Bay, Zepto has an inspiring Founder story and is a customer-focused, culture-first organisation.
We’re all striving to achieve our mission and do so while fostering an inclusive culture where you will work with and learn from world-class talent in their areas of expertise.
This role can be based anywhere in Australia as we work remotely but you’ll feel connected through our various initiatives and be supported by great leadership to learn and grow. If your preference is to work hybrid or in an office, we have locations in Byron, Sydney and Melbourne.
We have a supportive learning environment, with access to an individual learning benefit to ensure your curiosity and learning is a priority. You will have access to an Employee Assistance Program, paid parental leave and a compelling incentives program for employee and merchant referrals.