Entrepreneur in Residence -Full Stack Engineer
The Telecel Group Africa Startup Initiative Accelerator Program powered by Startupbootcamp Afritech will begin Cohort 4 in November 2023. The program aims to support the next generation of early-stage disruptive African tech startups.10 selected startups go through an intense 3-month Accelerator where they prove their concepts, scale their operations, and in some cases, transform their business models. The Program takes a hybrid format and begins in Dakar, culminating in a physical Demo Day.
A key component of all our programmes is our Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs). EIRs are experts in various aspects of company growth who join the SBC team to provide critical support to the 10 startups for the duration of the program. The program is a world-class immersive program covering every aspect of business and entrepreneurship development, which ranks our EIRs among the most well-rounded startup coaches on the continent.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join us full-time for 3 months (Contract).
About the Role
You'll be tasked with playing a massively defining role in helping our cohort startups build out their products and ensuring a high-quality standard. You will work alongside our startups’ technical founders be an extension of their team and play a strong role in the full software development life cycle, from design and conception to deployment.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be required to do the following:
- Participating in the continuous optimization, design, and development of scalable software
- Advise a cross-functional team including developers, product designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on best practices for building scalable and sturdy products.
- Advisory and occasional participation in the designing and developing client-side and server-side applications as well as the use of public APIs
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software
- Hosting Technical office hours to support our founders’ technical teams
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Occasionally designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets, and adhering to style standards on fonts, colors, and images.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Analyze, recommend, and lead the implementation of improvement initiatives
- Identify emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
Required Skills and Experience
The tech developer will be required to have the following:
- 3+ years of experience using React
- 4+ years as a developer in web, mobile apps or sites
- Experience in working with startup companies
- Experience with coding languages such as HTML, CSS, and PHP for example.
- Good time management skills and strong communication skills
- Some experience using C# and .NET is a plus
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Electronics design knowledge
- Embedded C programming
- Experience building a product used by millions of people every day.
By far the biggest benefit we offer is a chance to make a difference. You will get paid to travel, have a ton of fun meet the most innovative African startups, and get to contribute to their success story.
And speaking of fun, as much as we work intensely, we do know how to have fun and these 4 months will probably be one of the best and most intensely rewarding 3 months of your life. Get set!
If you’re interested, please follow the link: https://forms.gle/9K8fbLcMZe9WM1Wx9
We’re looking to make hiring decisions fast and bring the right people into our leading Programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability. Everybody is welcome and we especially encourage you reading this to apply. Send in your application and show us how passionate you are. We would be delighted to hear from you and speak with you.