Trade Ledger exists to create a world where every business gets the capital it needs to thrive. Through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets we have created a credit orchestration platform so lenders can embed, launch and scale next-gen working capital products - quickly to a much wider audience.
We specialise in making complex working capital products — Invoice Finance, Asset-Based-Lending, and Receivables Finance — simple, intuitive, and sustainable. From origination to in-life management, our ‘out-of-the-box’ designs help lenders launch new digital products in as little as 90-days.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the engineering team in Sydney. You will be primarily working with us on our cloud-native API-first backend. There are opportunities to work across the full stack and operations if you have the interest and talent. We want you to play a key engineering role designing and developing enhancements to our product, ensuring that customer requirements are considered, while continuing to adhere to our SaaS product driven strategy. You will engage in design, development and code reviews, learn and succeed with us. You’ll be empowered to help drive and shape technical direction, operating in a fast-paced working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
- Play a key role in driving large projects from conception to delivery
- Enable Agile processes and effective sprints
- Help define best practice
- Problem solving - we’re looking for someone who can think laterally and come up with creative solutions to technical challenges
- Hands-on code writing and development experience ideally Java 17+
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and commitment to maintainable code and test automation, engineering quality and security considerations into the proposed and delivered engineering solution
Nice to have experience
- Microservices architecture experience
- Spring Boot, JUnit, AssertJ, Mockito, WireMock, AWS SDK, Kotlin
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Front end technologies, such as React and GraphQL
- Containerisation technologies, for example, Docker, Kubernetes
- An understanding of DevSecOps
- Knowledge of major cloud ecosystems and modern development practices including continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous compliance pipelines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Working with distributed teams
- Exposure to delivering products and / or technical solutions in a highly regulated environment in accordance with internal and external compliance standards and policies
- Exposure to OpenAPIs and/or developing an SDK for a platform
- Exposure to Open Banking Framework, Payment rails or other mission critical financial systems
This role is hybrid with time split between home and our office (Stone & Chalk ScaleUp Hub, Pitt St).
Trade Ledger promotes a diverse, flexible and open team culture. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview process and panels are designed to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Something looks off?