Business Development Manager - WA
Sales & Business Development
Perth, WA, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you want to do some interesting things in the people space, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Perth and working remotely from Wisr’s Sydney Head Office, you will be responsible for continuing to increase Wisr’s market presence, and nurturing existing relationships with finance brokers and other loan introducers.
As the Business Development Manager - WA you are key in driving increased volumes of personal and secured auto loans written via Wisr’s accredited finance brokers. This is an opportunity for you to truly make your impact, backed by our high performing team across Australia. By building strong cross functional internal relationships within Wisr, you’ll ensure your brokers enjoy the highest standard of service and support while achieving key business results.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer & Head of Broker who is based in Sydney, you will also work closely with a Business Development Manager covering Victoria & Tasmania to drive Southern Region results.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing and supporting a large number of existing broker and aggregator relationships across Western Australia.
• Identifying, onboarding and developing new brokers and aggregators.
• Building upon and further developing relationships and broker channels with broker aggregators as well as identifying areas for growth.
• Providing regular product feedback to CCO regarding broker and competitor activity to inform Wisr’s business strategy.
• Contributing to the development of Wisr’s strategy to be the preferred provider of consumer loans within the finance broker community.
• Travelling 2-3 days a week for face to face meetings with brokers and aggregator BDMs.
• Attending broker networking events, professional development days and aggregator conferences to expand Wisr’s network and promote Wisr products.
• Providing ad-hoc support and feedback to internal stakeholders to deliver initiatives and projects as required.
• Working towards individual and team business targets, as agreed on a monthly basis.
Your success in this role will be driven by your ability to build strong relationships with your clients and your prior experience working as a Business Development Manager within the finance industry. You are familiar with Wisr’s products and have proven success in developing new client relationships with the ability to work effectively in a national team from a remote office environment.
With a bright and outgoing personality, you are target driven and love to make a difference in everything that you do. You are an excellent communicator and enjoy building upon your professional networks by attending conferences and professional development days.
You’ll also have exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once. As this role requires regular travel, you must have your own car and a valid Australian Drivers’ License.
You will receive a competitive base salary with a generous short-term incentive component linked to your success in meeting your business targets. You enjoy being a key part of a highly motivated, collaborative team which is a leader in its segment and drives a large part of Wisr’s loan originations.
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
• Flexible and hybrid working
• $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
• Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
• Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills
• Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
• Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
• Arcade machine & massage pod
• Regular social events and awesome team offsites
• Access to discounted gym memberships, corporate discounts for wellbeing products and more!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.