Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you want to do some interesting things in the people space, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
About the job
As a Financial Assistance Specialist, you are a vital part of our Customer Success team, identifying and implementing measures to assist customers in the collections process. This role will be primarily looking after our late cycle (60+ days) arrears, identifying all recovery options, and assisting with hardship applications.
This is an exciting role within the team, where you will be able to see the tangible impact you will have on the business. This is an opportunity for an experienced Recoveries Specialist or Hardship Specialist to develop their skills across all facets of financial assistance as well as build relationships with external debt collection agencies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contacting customers who are in late stage arrears via inbound/outbound calling and emails
• Investigations of late stage arrears and escalating for further recovery options where deemed necessary
• Implementing hardship applications and managing existing hardship loans
• Coordinating the issuance of default and legal notices
• Liaising closely and managing relationships with third-party vendors and mercantile agencies
• Ensuring collections and recoveries are performed within relevant policies and guidelines
• Involved in dispute resolution as required, including the management and preparation of responses to IDR and EDR complaints
• Negotiating with relevant parties, ensuring a positive and acceptable resolution
• Supporting the wider team with training, upskilling and mentoring requirements as needed.
You are an experienced Collections or Hardship Specialist with a strong background working within the secured consumer lending or asset management industries. With your extensive knowledge of consumer regulations and legislation such as the NCCP Act, you love problem-solving and finding solutions. You have an empathetic nature, with the ability to navigate difficult conversations and negotiations.
You have a naturally curious mindset and are a thorough investigator, with proven experience working on late stage recoveries.
You’ll also have:
• Experience working in consumer lending or asset management is required (this is a box you need to tick!)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong dispute handling, resolution and negotiation skills, you love being able to find a solution to a problem
• High level attention to detail, in particular relating to conducting investigations and identifying opportunities for recoveries
• Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and Australian Privacy Principles as well as the legal recovery process and debt collection guidelines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, driving results while balancing customer needs.
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
• Flexible and hybrid working
• $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
• Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
• Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills
• Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
• Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
• Arcade machine & massage pod
• Regular social events and awesome team offsites
• Access to discounted gym memberships, corporate discounts for wellbeing products and more!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.