Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you want to do some interesting things in the people space, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
About the job
Our Lending Specialists form an integral part of our customer’s journey. You will be responsible for building trusted relationships with our customers, ensuring they are supported at every stage throughout their loan journey, from initial application through to settlement. This is a role where you will liaise closely with our direct customers and broker network, with the opportunity to further develop your relationship management skills, as part of our Growth team.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supporting our customers and their brokers through the loan application, approval and settlement processes via telephone and email
• Providing information on our loan products to customer applicants and their brokers
• Collecting and analysing customer financial information, including bank statements, payslips
• Calculating loan term and serviceability options with applicants and brokers
• Liaising with credit operations and payments teams to ensure loan applications meet our turn-around-times
• Making outbound calls to assist customers submit loan applications, including assisting with contract e-signatures
• Building and maintaining external broker and customer relationships
• Establishing and building your personal brand through providing a consistently excellent standard of service
You’re a people person and love talking to everyone, whether it is over the phone or via email, and you thrive on working to targets in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. With a strong background working in an outbound telephone-based role, you have experience within the loans or financial services space.
You'll also have/be:
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced telephone-based role (required)
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets in a high volume environment
• Obsessed with delivering a standout customer experience
• Solid communication skills with the ability to speak appropriately with people of all levels
• Confidence in analysing financial information
• Tech savvy, inquisitive, and the ability to pick up new programmes and processes quickly
• Good knowledge of the financial services or lending industry
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
• Flexible and hybrid working
• $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
• Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
• Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills
• Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
• Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
• Arcade machine & massage pod
• Regular social events and awesome team offsites
• Access to discounted gym memberships, corporate discounts for wellbeing products and more!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.